History of Martin Luther Chapel

 

Jul. 31, 1932 – First service held on second floor of 732 Haddon Avenue, Collingswood.
Jan. 06, 1935 – Congregation officially affiliated with The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod.
Dec. 15, 1935 – Dedication of first church at Roosevelt and Terrace Avenues, Pennsauken.
Dec. 14, 1947 – Dedication of church addition.
Sep. 10, 1950 – Grades 1 and 2 of Christian Day School operated in church basement.
Sep. 28, 1952 – Three-fold Kingdom Expansion Program begins with school dedication.
Oct. 23, 1955 – Dedication of parish hall, offices and library.
Jun. 02, 1957 – MLCS graduates its first class.
Oct. 11, 1959 – Dedication of new church completes Kingdom Expansion Program.
Apr. 05, 1964 – Dedication of new Schlicker pipe organ.
Sep. 06, 1978 – Pre-school program begins.
Dec. 21, 1979 – Church building severely damaged by fire.
Sep. 21, 1980 – Church rededicated after fire restoration.
Oct. 24, 2004– Dedication of Fellowship and Education additions. Completed: