The Dorcas Guild was founded in 1942 to be of help to Martin Luther Chapel in whatever manner needed. We took our name from the biblical woman who helped the needy. Our sewing group has provided many quilts and for many years we were in great demand for our delicious business person’s luncheons.
There were quite a few men in the congregation who worked for RCA in Camden (later GE in Moorestown) who always attended and brought along others. We served two hundred happy diners in two hours. Our profits were usually given to Martin Luther Chapel or worthy missions. Christmas bazaars were also a big hit. Not to forget that we had a regularly scheduled cleaning group of ladies who appeared weekly. We are members of the Philadelphia Zone, English District of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League and still attend rallies and retreats with sister groups in NJ and PA and the national conventions.